Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I move a picture to a different album and delete it in the original album...it deletes both? How do I put a picture in a different album and delete it from the album it was in?

If I move a picture to a different album and delete it in the original album...it deletes both? How do I put a picture in a different album and delete it from the album it was in?

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 6:50 AM

You can Remove a photo from an album using the command in the Image menu or in the contextual menu or by pressing the "delete" key.

If you use cmd-delete, then it will delete the photo from the entire library.

3 replies

Oct 13, 2019 5:19 PM in response to Barney-15E

ok but I have all my family photos in one huge pile and I want to make three folders, one for each of my offspring, so I select and drag the pics into the appropriate folder and it seems like all I'm doing is duplicating them..... I don't want them in the huge pile, I want them organized in the folders with names. What am I doing wrong? The old program iphoto was easier for me to understand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.