You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank Playlist on Apple Watch Music App

Hi,

On the Music app when I go to "On iPhone" then "Playlists" I see a lot of blank playlists. If I tap them nothing happens and when I try to delete one I get a message "Sync your library". If I scroll to the bottom I see all my actual playlists that I have on iTunes and on my iPhone.

So far I have tried unpairing then pairing my watch again but that didn't get rid of them.

I'd appreciate any help,

Thanks

When trying to delete a blank playlist:

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 4:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 7:48 AM

Hello arsenal2k14!  

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I know how important it is to have your music available on your Apple Watch. The music information comes to your Apple Watch from the settings in the Watch app. Take a look at the information in this article about how to sync music: Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch

If you’re not seeing any music listed, and your an Apple Music subscriber, be sure to check that you have the Sync Library setting turned on. Go to Settings > Music > Sync Library to check. 

Let me know the results. 

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2019 7:48 AM in response to arsenal2k14

Hello arsenal2k14!  

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I know how important it is to have your music available on your Apple Watch. The music information comes to your Apple Watch from the settings in the Watch app. Take a look at the information in this article about how to sync music: Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch

If you’re not seeing any music listed, and your an Apple Music subscriber, be sure to check that you have the Sync Library setting turned on. Go to Settings > Music > Sync Library to check. 

Let me know the results. 

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2019 1:55 PM in response to arsenal2k14

Hi arsenal2k14,  

Thanks for clarifying that you want to remove the blank playlists from your Apple Watch. When you go to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select Music, do you see any blank playlists listed? If you don’t, try restarting your Apple Watch and your iPhone with the following sequence:

1 - Power off Apple Watch

2 - Power off iPhone 

3 - Power on iPhone 

4 - Power on Apple Watch

Be sure you've waited for each step to complete before proceeding to the next one. If you haven’t restarted the devices before, here’s how:

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If when you go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone > Music > you do see the blank playlists, can you remove them from the app?

Let us know if there’s any change. 

Sep 23, 2019 1:23 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My music and my playlists are available on my apple watch. My post was about wanting to hide/delete the blank playlists that also appear on the app (see my screenshot above). I am not a Apple Music subscriber and the songs on my phone/watch are synced from my computer. The blank playlists do not appear on my computer.

Thanks

Oct 5, 2019 12:51 PM in response to arsenal2k14

Same thing here. It's only on the playlist under "on my iphone", but i have no playlists. I tried the swipe left and remove and get the same error. I've resynced my itunes with my phone, shut off music syncing to my watch, restarted both devices, turned music back on and nothing. I had this problem on my series 3 watch, and just bought the series 5 today and it's doing the same thing.

Anyone have a fix for this??

Blank Playlist on Apple Watch Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.