Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you remove or transfer data/photos from the cloud to an external device to create more space in the cloud?

Can you transfer or remove data from the cloud to create additional space in the cloud?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 5:02 AM

If you store the photos elsewhere, it will certainly free up space in the cloud, but then the photos won't be accessible on your devices anymore. If you are on the 5GB free plan, why not just upgrade your iCloud storage plan to the 50GB plan for a mere $.99/month ($12/year or less than two Venti Specialty beverages at Starbucks)?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2019 5:02 AM in response to GAMOM49

If you store the photos elsewhere, it will certainly free up space in the cloud, but then the photos won't be accessible on your devices anymore. If you are on the 5GB free plan, why not just upgrade your iCloud storage plan to the 50GB plan for a mere $.99/month ($12/year or less than two Venti Specialty beverages at Starbucks)?

Dec 18, 2019 9:07 PM in response to chrisnyth

I had the same question. Figured it out on my own. From my PC I logged into icloud and selected 'Photos'. From there you can choose the photos you want to load on your PC by clicking on them or by holding down the ctrl button for multiple photos. Once you have selected the ones you want to transfer you click on the download icon (it looks like a cloud with an arrow pointing down). Once they have loaded onto your PC they will remain selected and you can just click on the trash can icon to delete.

Hope that helps.

Can you remove or transfer data/photos from the cloud to an external device to create more space in the cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.