Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini won't complete start-up before shutting down

When I turn on my Mac Mini, it begins its start-up, but then the power turns off after about 15 seconds (and start-up never completes). I've tried the solutions that Apple suggests (disconnecting peripherals, etc.), but I've found none that works. I'm assuming that the problem could be in the power cord (except for the fact that power does get to the Mini for a short time.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 9:41 AM

Follow all of the steps at > If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up - Apple Support

Then if your Mac Mini will not startup, contact your local Apple Store, or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

6 replies

Sep 21, 2019 9:53 AM in response to den.thed

I tried all the steps that Apple Support recommends, but none solves the problem. The one thing I can do that keeps the Mini powered up is to press the SHIFT key right after turning on the power. However, my monitor (ASUS) displays the message "HDMI No Signal." After I release the SHIFT key, the power to the Mini goes off after about 30 seconds. It seems as if the problem is something in the MINI itself. Does that sound right? Thanks again for your help.

Mac Mini won't complete start-up before shutting down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.