Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot receive email on MAC from one of two Charter email accounts. I can send from that account and I can access that account from iPhone, iPad, and Surface Pro without problem, even though Mail says it is "offline" and will not activate.

Just recently, for several days, I cannot receive email on MAC from one of two Charter email accounts. I can send from this account on MAC and I can access this account (send/receive) from iPhone, iPad, and Surface Pro. Account is identified in Mail as "offline". Checking "activate" yields no results, still "offline" after "checking", but even though it indicates "offline", I can still send only from the MAC on this account, but not receive from the MAC on this account only, and send/receive from all other devices. When I "try again" to access messages, Mail indicates "downloading messages" for a long time, but they never show up. Also Mail sometimes indicates "saving 1 of 206 drafts", while I have no drafts in progress and no saved drafts, or mail will indicate "moving messages 1 of 174" when I am not moving messages. Email provider says it is a software problem since I have access with other devices and I agree. What can I do next to get Mail working for this email account.

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 12:17 PM

Hey there 286W,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues receiving emails for just one account on your Mac. It sounds like you’ve done some great troubleshooting and isolation issues so far. I’ll be happy to help with this.

First, use our Mail Settings Lookup tool and verify all the account settings are correct in Mail > Preferences > Accounts under the accounts Server Settings. Here’s a link to our Mail Settings Lookup:

Mail Settings Lookup

If everything looks good there, remove the account in question, restart your Mac, and add it back. This link has more info:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Best wishes.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 12:17 PM in response to 286W

Hey there 286W,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues receiving emails for just one account on your Mac. It sounds like you’ve done some great troubleshooting and isolation issues so far. I’ll be happy to help with this.

First, use our Mail Settings Lookup tool and verify all the account settings are correct in Mail > Preferences > Accounts under the accounts Server Settings. Here’s a link to our Mail Settings Lookup:

Mail Settings Lookup

If everything looks good there, remove the account in question, restart your Mac, and add it back. This link has more info:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Best wishes.

I cannot receive email on MAC from one of two Charter email accounts. I can send from that account and I can access that account from iPhone, iPad, and Surface Pro without problem, even though Mail says it is "offline" and will not activate.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.