Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple news widget

I don’t have the news widget... I know, I know, scrol down to ‘edit’ look for the widget and press the + and press done... But the widget isn’t there either!

I do have a iPad on my Apple ID, which has the News widget...

I changed the location/region to US and the widget and app appears, but as soon as I change the location/region back to where I live, it’s gone again...

I have restored the phone and all...

please help! It’s driving me crazy!

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 9:56 AM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2019 12:35 PM in response to Me_rules

Hello Me_rules,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! It's my understanding that you are unable to see Apple News when you have a specific country set up. I can provide you more guidance.

Apple News and Apple News+ is currently offered in Australia, Canada, UK, and USA: iOS - Feature Availability - Apple If you do not have one of these supported countries selected, you would not see the feature appear.

If you do have a supported country set up, and still do not see the Apple News app or Widget, please let me know.

Kindest regards.

Sep 24, 2019 10:48 AM in response to Me_rules

Me_rules,

Thanks for following up.

Let's gather some more details about this issue and check a few settings together.

You had mentioned the Widget appears when you change your country/region to US. Are you making that change in your device settings or on your Apple ID account? Can you also confirm that you are indeed residing within a supported country that we listed in our last reply?

Do you have the News app installed on your device: Read the latest headlines in the Apple News app - Apple Support And if so, does it work without issue when you launch it and begin using it?

Do you use Screen Time on your iPhone: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support If so, please navigate to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps, and make sure News is turned on.

Cheers!

Sep 25, 2019 8:52 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the help! 

I’m from the Netherlands, so I don’t have the news App on any of my devices, but my IPad, which is on the same Apple ID, does have the News widget. 

I changed the country/region on my device.

I screen time is turned on, but I don’t use Content & Privacy Restrictions, but every thing is set on allow.

Hope this helps, if there are more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Apple news widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.