Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 5 brightness doesn't work

It's always dim unless there's a bright light in the room or outside. This is not the way the Series 4 works and it's hard to see.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 2:30 PM

I did both of these things. I restarted the watch and reinstalled everything a few times and the setting did nothing. And, we had two of them because my wife upgraded also and had the same problem. When we called Apple, a four hour experience, they basically told us that is all you can do and there is no fix for the automatic dimming in Series 5.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 2:30 PM in response to Ron Goodman1

I did both of these things. I restarted the watch and reinstalled everything a few times and the setting did nothing. And, we had two of them because my wife upgraded also and had the same problem. When we called Apple, a four hour experience, they basically told us that is all you can do and there is no fix for the automatic dimming in Series 5.

Apple Watch 5 brightness doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.