Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro will not connect to the Internet using ethernet connection or Wi-Fi?

My MacBook Pro willNot connect to the Internet using Wi-Fi or the ethernet connection. I get strong signal for Internet use with other devices.

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 12:33 PM

I had this problem suddenly emerge on my MacBook Pro also. In addition to not being able to establish an internet connection, Airport Utility was also non-functional. A whole day of individual troubleshooting and time on the phone with helpful Apple support and also Intego support led to Intego's Content barrier (which I don't believe I had ever turned on, but which had been downloaded as part of the Intego package and then apparently got corrupted) as the culprit. Apparently in its corrupted form it was interfering with communications between computer and airport as well as internet, perhaps by over-stimulating the Net-Barrier firewall. Anyway, downloading a package from Intego and running their uninstall program to get rid of Content Barrier fixed the problem.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 12:33 PM in response to madeupname99

I had this problem suddenly emerge on my MacBook Pro also. In addition to not being able to establish an internet connection, Airport Utility was also non-functional. A whole day of individual troubleshooting and time on the phone with helpful Apple support and also Intego support led to Intego's Content barrier (which I don't believe I had ever turned on, but which had been downloaded as part of the Intego package and then apparently got corrupted) as the culprit. Apparently in its corrupted form it was interfering with communications between computer and airport as well as internet, perhaps by over-stimulating the Net-Barrier firewall. Anyway, downloading a package from Intego and running their uninstall program to get rid of Content Barrier fixed the problem.

Dec 13, 2019 7:55 AM in response to madeupname99

I have the same issue. Ever since I installed macOS Catalina, my 2013 MacBook Pro won't connect to the internet correctly and has a difficult time playing most videos. It's very slow and lags or stalls out when it is connected. I read a "fix" on one of these boards that recommended starting in Safe Mode (shift key + restart) to reset the connection. That works as far as getting connected but it does nothing to resolve the lag/video issue. I have tons of memory available and I've ran all the suggested steps to ensure there aren't any programs or launchers running that could be slowing it down. I think it's definitely a macOS Catalina problem but I can't go back to Mojave.

My MacBook Pro will not connect to the Internet using ethernet connection or Wi-Fi?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.