Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music: ‘play next’ button gone in IOS 13?

since i’ve upgraded to ios 13 i can’t find the play next button when i force touch on a song. i tried looking under edit actions when you force touch a song but there is no option for it. does anyone else have this issue?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 8:04 AM

I must be going crazy...I’m doing the same actions and now it appears. There has been no update to my iPhone since yesterday when I posted my reply and now the “Play Next” and “Play Later” options are in the menu. #Software

17 replies

Oct 4, 2019 6:55 AM in response to JoeR652

What I have figured out is that the play next and play later options are hidden automatically when the device is connected to another player. So if I have my iPhone plugged in to my stereo via USB it is reading as an iPod and doesn't allow play later, if I have it plugged in via 3.5mm it is just an audio out and allows for the functionality.

I would guess this is some kind of old limitation in the iPod read standard.

Jan 6, 2020 6:23 PM in response to SoundsLikeDope

In my frustration I may have found a work-around. You are exactly right about the process. If a song is playing and you tap on a new one, it will ask you if you want to keep the up next queue or clear it. If you clear it, a new queue of songs is created instantly. Useless! NOW...if you are playing a song and then tap on the VERY LAST song in your song list, when you hit “clear up next” that song will play but the queue will be empty. Then you can use the “up next” as we used to be able to. You can select songs to “play next” or “play later” and only the songs you choose will show up. Annoying but better than having to delete everything in the queue one by one. I really hope they fix this. I want to choose what comes up next!

Apple music: ‘play next’ button gone in IOS 13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.