Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello after updated my iPhone 7 Plus iOS 13 I had noticed my iPhone battery performance , it is do not better from iOS 12 . my battery is ending fast and charging also take too much time please fix my issue as soon as possible Thank you

Battery 🔋 problem

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 11:24 AM

When you have been using your phone for years without any problems and then you get the ISO 13 update ,then your battery charged @100% doesn’t last to set your alarm off without going into low power.There is a problem with the update!! I want to know how to go back to ISO 12 with my iPhone se??

22 replies

Sep 21, 2019 8:48 PM in response to 69yow69

I would talk to Apple Support and how to resolve this issue? I am not sure for iPhone 8 Plus users who are dealing with the same issue with the battery drainage after the update of iOS 13.

To check the battery health:

Go to Settings

Click on Battery

If the battery in good health, possibility it is the upgrade of iOS 13. If the battery said that it needs to be changed, you have to take your iPhone to an Authorized Apple Service Provider to get the battery replaced.

Sep 22, 2019 9:04 AM in response to 69yow69

I did. Did you? They are under the impression that they were talking to Apple directly. They're not, nor are you. We are just fellow Apple-product users and try our best to help others with their Apple questions or issues. iOS 13 was just released. It's too early to know exactly what are actual issues or not with it. It's the typical problem with upgrading to a new operating system before it has had a chance to fully be "tested" by end users.

Dec 6, 2019 1:17 PM in response to ejajul

Yesterday I upgraded my iPhone 6s Plus from the latest iOS 12.x to iOS 13.2.3 and immediately noticed that the battery started charging extremely slowly, and discharges quickly (at least, this is what battery indicator shows). It can barely charge from 10% to 20% in a couple of hours, and then again goes down to 6% very quickly. I am not watching videos, and the screen is off. When power is disconnected, the phone is not getting hot which means the CPU and Wi-Fi are not loaded, but the battery still drains quickly. This looks like another Apple's yet another dirty trick to me - I suspect that Apple is forcing people to buy newest iPhones this way. I have to say: if this is not fixed, I will switch to Android forever. Now I have to keep my iPhone plugged all the time, otherwise it will get discharged, and I will miss important calls. I don't believe this is a bug because I know how thoroughly Apple tests its software. Apple, what are you doing? Do you really want to damage your reputation and lose customers?

Dec 8, 2019 1:26 PM in response to Antares20

I actually found that upgraded to 13.2.2, clean installed, the battery drained slower and thought that issue was fixed. Now upgraded to 13.2.3, the issue comes back again.

Don't want to fresh install the phone again as I always stay overseas, I have so many services need to be activated locally, need to fly back to do so, this issue is really annoying.

Dec 10, 2019 8:13 AM in response to ejajul

My wife updated to ios 13.2.3 yesterday and her battery died. Even worse, it wouldn't recognise her Mophie battery pack. Today, after searching for solutions, I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade and enrol in the IOS Beta programme. Problem solved. All is well and I have won some Brownie Points just before Christmas :-) She was planning on buying a new phone and going over to the dark side. My daughter has already gone to the dark side because she thought her phone was dead because of this update. I wonder how many have gone to Andriod as a result of this botched series of updates. I've been on IOS since the early days and this past few months seems to have been the worst series of updates I have experienced.

Dec 21, 2019 11:28 AM in response to ejajul

Yesterday I upgraded my iPhone 6s Plus from the latest iOS 12.x to iOS 13.2.3 and immediately noticed that the battery started charging extremely slowly, and discharges quickly (at least, this is what battery indicator shows). It can barely charge from 10% to 20% in a couple of hours, and then again goes down to 6% very quickly. I am not watching videos, and the screen is off. When power is disconnected, the phone is not getting hot which means the CPU and Wi-Fi are not loaded, but the battery still drains quickly. This looks like another Apple's yet another dirty trick to me - I suspect that Apple is forcing people to buy newest iPhones this way. I have to say: if this is not fixed, I will switch to Android forever. Now I have to keep my iPhone plugged all the time, otherwise it will get discharged, and I will miss important calls. I don't believe this is a bug because I know how thoroughly Apple tests its software. Apple, what are you doing? Do you really want to damage your reputation and lose customers?

Dec 21, 2019 11:36 AM in response to techmomma100

techmomma100 wrote:

Hello, After my phone updated to 13.3 my messages are sending as SMS and not iMessage. The iMessage in settings is waiting for activation. When I try to sign in I get an error that it can't connect to the iMessage server.

And that of course has EVERYTHING to do with battery life, the subject of this thread. As you may have noticed you didn’t get any responses. That’s because your post is buried in a 3 month old thread on an unrelated subject.

Click on the Post link at the top of this page and create a brand new post and put your issue in the subject.

Hello after updated my iPhone 7 Plus iOS 13 I had noticed my iPhone battery performance , it is do not better from iOS 12 . my battery is ending fast and charging also take too much time please fix my issue as soon as possible Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.