Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint photo change size

AirPrint photo can’t change size from photo app. The discussion is closed but I wanted to add. Photos print out as 4x6. But if I save the photo to iBooks I can print it out 8 1/2 x 11. I had a flyer that I created in the Csnva app and saved to the camera roll. I needed it to be letter size. The above (saving and printing from iBooks) worked.

Posted on Sep 21, 2019 10:13 PM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2019 5:36 PM in response to QuickPost

Hi zmclearan - I cannot say for sure, but it may be a work around. I created a flyer on my iPad in a graphics app called Canva. The Canva desktop site can download in multiple formats (pdf, jpg, png). The size of the flyer was letter size. When I downloaded it on my iPad it automatically saved to my camera roll / photo app. When I printed it directly from the photo app it reduced it to 4x6 (a common photo paper size). From the photo app, I selected the image and chose the option to “save pdf to iBooks”. Then printed it from iBooks and it rendered in letter size. The resolution was good, etc.. I tried the same procedure with another file and it worked. I also used the same procedure to print out a letter that I took a picture of (it was not processed thru the Canva app) and it printer successfully too in letter size so I think the trick us to save to books then print. Hope this is helpful.

AirPrint photo change size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.