Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cannot verify server identity

Hello!

after update to IOS 13 , I got this error (cannot verify Server identity).  it is work fine before update and it is woking fin in my macOS .

The mail connecting to an IMAP server running Postfix and Dovecot and using TLS for both.I tried deleting the mail account, rebooting the iPhone 8, and re-setting up the email account. but is the same problem .

Any help ?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 10:51 AM

This usually means that the TLS certificate on the server is either invalid or has expired.

You need to delete the account, then restart the phone-->Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. After restarting the phone add the account back. You may see a message that the server identity can't be verified; there should be 3 choices: Continue, Details, and Cancel. Choose Continue and it should accept it. But the restart step is essential, because until the phone restarts the settings for the deleted account remain on the phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 10:51 AM in response to okaenriuqe

This usually means that the TLS certificate on the server is either invalid or has expired.

You need to delete the account, then restart the phone-->Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. After restarting the phone add the account back. You may see a message that the server identity can't be verified; there should be 3 choices: Continue, Details, and Cancel. Choose Continue and it should accept it. But the restart step is essential, because until the phone restarts the settings for the deleted account remain on the phone.

iPhone cannot verify server identity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.