Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get pdfs onto iphone with a mac

I have a new iphone, and need to get all my work related PDFs into the phone as they are not copied across when you restore from an old phone.

I understand that books have been removed from itunes, although there is still a books tab in itunes when you browse the phone. One would expect to be able to drag and drop into this, but it doesnt work. Nothing is logical in itunes.

Googling, you have to use ibooks on the mac, and somehow sync.

ibooks on mac already has all the pdfs, but there is no menu, button or option to sync them with my phone. Ibooks on the mac seems to have no connection with the iphone.

In itunes, I have manually sync setup for music.

Here is the really weird thing. When I restored from an encrypted itunes backup, i got precisely one PDF on the phone (a docker user guide). in itunes when I open the phone tab and select books, it shows one book. However, this book is not on the phone.

Anyway, the crux is to find a way to get pdfs *(and books) from my mac to my phone.

Any ideas?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 2:21 AM

Hello,

indeed there are no options in iBooks on your Mac to tell what to sync to your iPhone.

You use iTunes on your Mac to tell which books / pdf's to sync to iBooks on your iPhone.

Start iTunes, wait for you iPhone to appear in iTunes, click on it, in the side bar, under Settings, click on Books.

On the rights side of the window, tell what you want to sync..

Click [Sync] on the bottom of the screen to sync your books / PDF's.

Best regards,

emeu1

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2019 2:21 AM in response to sfromgi

Hello,

indeed there are no options in iBooks on your Mac to tell what to sync to your iPhone.

You use iTunes on your Mac to tell which books / pdf's to sync to iBooks on your iPhone.

Start iTunes, wait for you iPhone to appear in iTunes, click on it, in the side bar, under Settings, click on Books.

On the rights side of the window, tell what you want to sync..

Click [Sync] on the bottom of the screen to sync your books / PDF's.

Best regards,

emeu1

How to get pdfs onto iphone with a mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.