Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving weekly screen time reports

I bought an iPhone XS and an iPad Pro 11’” in May and I have enabled screen time on both. I’ve also turned on notifications for screen time on both. However I never receive a weekly screen time report on either device. I can go into screen time in settings and see my activity there (on both devices) at any time but never receive the weekly report. Two family members have an iPhone 8 each and they always get a weekly report. I’ve checked the settings many times and they are correct so I don’t understand why I don’t receive these reports on my devices like my family members do on their iPhone 8. I used iOS 12 (as were my family members) when I bought my devices but have since updated to iOS 13 on the iPhone XS (waiting for iPad iOS for the iPad Pro). I’d be very grateful if anybody could solve this for me!

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 1:56 AM

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delay - I have been away.

As I posted, for months I had not been receiving Screen Time reports despite enabling them in Notifications. I followed your instructions and everything seemed correct. Lock Screen, Notification Centre and Banners were all selected. The Banner Style was Persistent. Show Previews was selected to Always. I didn’t see anything when I swiped down to bring up the Notification Centre.

However I unexpectedly received a Screen Time report on both my iPhone and iPad this morning. I have not (knowingly) altered any of the settings so I don’t understand what has made a difference. I am wondering whether it was an issue with iOS 12 and upgrading to iOS 13 on both has fixed it.

Anyway, whatever it was it seems to be working now. However as I said I do not understand why I would go months without getting any reports and then suddenly get them without altering anything.

Thank you very much for your reply and help - it is much appreciated.

Gary

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2019 1:56 AM in response to Joseph_S.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delay - I have been away.

As I posted, for months I had not been receiving Screen Time reports despite enabling them in Notifications. I followed your instructions and everything seemed correct. Lock Screen, Notification Centre and Banners were all selected. The Banner Style was Persistent. Show Previews was selected to Always. I didn’t see anything when I swiped down to bring up the Notification Centre.

However I unexpectedly received a Screen Time report on both my iPhone and iPad this morning. I have not (knowingly) altered any of the settings so I don’t understand what has made a difference. I am wondering whether it was an issue with iOS 12 and upgrading to iOS 13 on both has fixed it.

Anyway, whatever it was it seems to be working now. However as I said I do not understand why I would go months without getting any reports and then suddenly get them without altering anything.

Thank you very much for your reply and help - it is much appreciated.

Gary

Sep 24, 2019 7:17 AM in response to GMJenns

Hi GMJenns,

Thanks for posting. If I understand correctly, you're able to see your Screen Time usage under Settings > Screen Time, but you're not receiving a notification about weekly usage. Is that right?

You mentioned notification settings, which sounds like the best place to start. Under Settings > Notifications > Screen Time, which Alert style is selected? Also, which Banner Style is selected? Change notification settings on iPhone

Also, as a test, try swiping down to bring up your Notification Center; do you see any previous Screen Time alerts here? Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care.

Not receiving weekly screen time reports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.