Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplane mode is not working on watchOS 6.0

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my iPhone XS to iOS 13.0 and Apple Watch Series 3 to watch OS 6.0.

When I turn on the Airplane mode on Apple Watch, I see it’s still connected to iPhone. It initially shows a red icon on the AW display that it has been disconnected, but in about 5 seconds, Apple Watch connects back to iPhone even if the Airplane mode is still active.

I keep getting notifications, messages, etc to Apple Watch. When I try to enable the Do Not Disturb mode on AW it enables the DND on iPhone too, but I need it to be turned off on iPhone and only enabled on Apple Watch.

I tried to power off both devices and it didn’t work out.

Could you please help me to fix this issue? Am I the only one who experience this issue?

Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 12:54 PM

I have figured it out. To make sure the Airplane mode turns off Bluetooth, go to Settings on Apple Watch - Bluetooth - Toggle Off.

Now when I enable the Airplane mode on Apple Watch, it disconnects from iPhone, when I enable it back, it connects to iPhone via Bluetooth.

3 replies

Airplane mode is not working on watchOS 6.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.