Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if you don’t pay your Apple Music bill until the end of the month?

What happens if you don’t pay your Apple Music bill until the end of the month? And when the new month starts will they recharge you?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 12:31 PM

14 replies

Sep 24, 2019 6:22 AM in response to Limnos

I’ve seen users miss a payment and not get it back once they renew, while others resubscribed and had it restored once Sync Library is enabled. It depends on if they pay again within 30 days of their last payment. So you’re paying in advance,

“You're still charged for the full 30 days during which time Apple Music is still accessible”

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/ca/terms.html

Sep 22, 2019 2:34 PM in response to Mads_richard

The "end of the month" is kind of vague. The subscription period is monthly but the exact day depends upon when you started your subscription. If you do not pay by the day it is due then it is canceled.

Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions

https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

"When your Apple Music membership ends, you will lose access to any feature of Apple Music that requires a membership, including but not limited to access to Apple Music songs stored on your device, and iCloud Music Library. Apple reserves the right to cancel your Apple Music membership if we are unable to successfully charge your payment method to renew your membership."

I have seen several posts where people have been late paying and cannot see their old collection upon re-subscribing so I guess upon subscription expiration all information is immediately deleted.

You should check the terms for you country but I suspect it is the same everywhere.

Sep 24, 2019 2:21 PM in response to Limnos

I looked at the date as well . Same date it was before. It’s a very long read and I’m on an iPad and couldn’t do a find on page text search. I didn’t see Arcade. It’s something I once copied off there and saved in my notes. Of course the terms might have changed. I’ll stop quoting it if it no longer applies.

Its hard to say for sure as I keep seeing people missing payments and getting their music back once they synced library (formerly iCloud music library) Then there’s those who don’t. That’s why I say or suggest you might.

i’m pretty sure you’re paying in advance though and would be entitled to use it for 30 days. That’s why when you cancel during a free trial the music is removed immediately and there is no restore, because you never even paid,

“If you cancel during your trial period, you’ll lose access to the catalog and features of Apple Music immediately”.

From this page: Manage your Apple Music subscription - Apple Support 

I cant find a page that’s just “Apple Music Terms” and I’ve looked in my music app to see if there’s one.

Sep 22, 2019 5:30 PM in response to Mads_richard

I am sorry but your question wasn't at all clear and I was having to guess what you intended to ask. Month as defined by what? Apple doesn't go by calendar month, it goes by the same day the next month whichever that happens to be.

"Recharge". What does that mean? Do you mean charge again? No, they charge you a month later. So if you subscribe on June 5th they will charge you on July 5th, and August 5th and so on.

If you don't pay by the time the money is due then that's it. No subscription anymore. No music anymore and all playlists, etc. deleted.

Sep 24, 2019 12:48 PM in response to Vancouver22

Uh, I told my browser to search for strings saying "30 days", then a separate search for "still charged" and it found neither in the document in the link you provided. I was using the Canadian version you use.

Another odd thing about that document is it was last updated last May, yet mentions Apple Arcade which is a brand new feature.

Sep 24, 2019 7:55 PM in response to Vancouver22

Most questions of this nature are from users who have forgotten to pay before the end of the current period, or there is an issue with their card which has meant automatic renewal was unable to go through. The subscription is then canceled and upon cancellation that's it.

Maybe you got that quote from another version of the terms. I assist on several language communities and there are sometimes differences in those documents between different ones, often depending upon which country laws may take precedence over Apple's own terms.

Sep 24, 2019 10:16 PM in response to Limnos

Yes I think that might be the case, re a missed payment and didn’t want to say. Just as me saying some users get the music back while others don’t. We don’t always get all the details told to us accurately. One user had made it appear once that they’d gone too long without paying but I added the resync library instructions for “just in case you can” and they replied with thanks so much it’s all back! It muddies the water so to speak because now I’m led to believe this “some users can”. Then some just want to know up front and expect a guarantee which I won’t give because I really don’t know.

It’s possible the quote was pulled from another set of terms. I have noted and I can’t quote it, but Apple mentioning different countries have different laws governing some things in their terms.

What happens if you don’t pay your Apple Music bill until the end of the month?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.