Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri/Hue Lights

I have an annoying routine with Siri:

"Hey, Siri, turn on the Office."

"Sorry, I didn't hear back from your devices. Make sure...Wi-Fi network...Home App... blah, blah..."

"Hey, Siri, turn on the Office."

"Done."

Literally, not even a second after she's scolded me for not being on the same Wi-Fi network as my devices, she's suddenly capable of performing the request.

After several months, I'm now tired of Siri scolding me for something that she's clearly capable of following through on if she'd just wait a half second longer to hear back from the devices or resending the request.

What setting can I manipulate so that Siri has just a half-second more patience or tries again before berating me for her own incompetence?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 3:20 AM

I had this problem and resolved it this way. This procedures deletes nothing. It merely reboots your "computer" as is the familiar resolution for most devices.

To fix this, go to Settings -- HomeKit & Siri in the Hue app. Note any error conditions, if any. Regardless, unplug the power of your Hue Bridge, wait a minute, then reconnect it. After the three status lights are solid, note all error conditions are gone, if any existed. Speak your routines normally.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2019 3:20 AM in response to evansvilleace

I had this problem and resolved it this way. This procedures deletes nothing. It merely reboots your "computer" as is the familiar resolution for most devices.

To fix this, go to Settings -- HomeKit & Siri in the Hue app. Note any error conditions, if any. Regardless, unplug the power of your Hue Bridge, wait a minute, then reconnect it. After the three status lights are solid, note all error conditions are gone, if any existed. Speak your routines normally.

Siri/Hue Lights

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.