Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 11 Stuck at Apple logo and spinning wheel

So i went to put my iphone 11 pro max on the ios 13 beta that i already had on iphone X just so i can get updates faster and as it was updating to beta 4 it got stuck in the Apple logo and the spinning wheel they didnt have a option for iphone 11 pro max so i chose iphone xs max btw.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 2:49 PM

Thanks. Managed to get it to turn back on. But it didn’t tell me the update had failed, or even mention it in any way. Went to check for updates and it presented 13.1.2 again, and the update completed successfully this time. Very strange.

23 replies

Oct 2, 2019 12:27 AM in response to B.M.S.

I have the regular iPhone 11. I didn’t have to log into iTunes on my computer afterwards but doing the quick volume button up, quick volume down, push and hold the power button (felt like forever) it shut down and then started back up. My phone was on the charger when it was doing the upgrade to 13.1.2 and it sat on the swirling screen for 3 hrs before I panicked, grabbed a different phone, searched online, found this article, and did the force shut off. Just pushing and holding the power and down volume button did nothing. When I go into settings to see if the update worked, it shows that 13.1.2 is available to download and install. Um.... won’t be trying that again anytime soon. My phone was working fine before trying that update.

Sep 30, 2019 2:34 PM in response to PaulClm

I reached out to Apple support using my computer. These are the steps we went through:

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button .
  3. Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo and circle disappears (be patient this may take a bit).
  4. Connect your phone time your computer and login to iTunes (make sure you have the latest iTunes update) once connected your phone should turn back on.

Hope this information helps. If not contact Apple support through echat.

Oct 24, 2019 7:41 AM in response to dxddycxkes

This happened with my iPhone 11 pro max so I called apple and ask for help. So here what you have to do

1. Quickly press and release volume up button.
  2. then quickly press and release volume down button
  3. and lastly press and hold side button until you see apple logo and then let it go. It worked for my Iphone.

Note- don't press volume up or volume down button together with side button.

Sep 30, 2019 2:48 PM in response to PaulClm

Encountering the same thing after letting the phone update to 13.1.2 official (As in "I'm not enrolled in any sort of beta program). Phone is just sitting here at a Black Screen / White Apple Logo / White Spinner for more than 20+ minutes now. Trying to force a reset by holding the power button + volume down is doing nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestion for this, or has letting the phone update to 13.1.2 bricked my phone?

IPhone 11 Stuck at Apple logo and spinning wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.