Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Right click with pencil

Hi there - how do I right click on a document when I am using my pencil on my Ipad pro? That document I am working on would normally only allow me to edit the text if I write clicked on it… There is no keyboard available to use instead.

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 5:31 AM

The 2nd gen Apple Pencil will ONLY supoort a right click function, using the double tap feature ONLY if the app you are using supports this.

If the app doesn't supoort right click functionality using an Apple Pencil 2, then this will not work.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Tomorrow, Tuesday, iPadOS is being released and you maybe able to use certain Bluetooth mice with iPadOS and setup the mouse for different buttons.

So, a setting up a right click for certain wireless Bluetooth mice to use ( apps still need to supoort this ) will maybe be possible.

No one here will know until tomorrow.

Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2019 5:31 AM in response to KiwiFee

The 2nd gen Apple Pencil will ONLY supoort a right click function, using the double tap feature ONLY if the app you are using supports this.

If the app doesn't supoort right click functionality using an Apple Pencil 2, then this will not work.

Use Apple Pencil with your iPad or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Tomorrow, Tuesday, iPadOS is being released and you maybe able to use certain Bluetooth mice with iPadOS and setup the mouse for different buttons.

So, a setting up a right click for certain wireless Bluetooth mice to use ( apps still need to supoort this ) will maybe be possible.

No one here will know until tomorrow.

Best of Luck to You!

Right click with pencil

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.