Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my music stops in google chrome when i locked my screen

when i updated to ios 13 something miserable happen i usually play online music in google chrome from different websites after updating my music stopped automatically when my screen locks or i pit my browser in background... please help me on this issue ???

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 9:27 AM

Yeap. I tested it. The problem starts when the screen is blocked after 30 seconds not using it with a player on. It happens since IOS 13 and it has the same inconvenient in every browser witch is not SAFARI. Safari goes on working but the rest, NO.

I was seeking about the IOS 13 version features and I'm sure is connected with something inside "PRIVACY" topics, but my English is not so good to find solutions yet.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 9:27 AM in response to Fahad6693

Yeap. I tested it. The problem starts when the screen is blocked after 30 seconds not using it with a player on. It happens since IOS 13 and it has the same inconvenient in every browser witch is not SAFARI. Safari goes on working but the rest, NO.

I was seeking about the IOS 13 version features and I'm sure is connected with something inside "PRIVACY" topics, but my English is not so good to find solutions yet.

Sep 25, 2019 6:52 AM in response to Fahad6693

Hi Fahad6693,

Thanks for the post. I understand you're running into an issue with a third-party browser and playing music.

Does the same thing happen when you use Safari? Knowing this would help to narrow things down.

If it only happens in Chrome, you might double-check to make sure that Chrome is updated and that you've tried the troubleshooting in the link below:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

my music stops in google chrome when i locked my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.