Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set different ring tones for 2 sims?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:09 AM

Hi anishpatel,

Thanks for the post. I see you have a question about using different ringtones with Dual SIM.

While it's not possible to set ringtones by SIM, you can set custom ringtones for specific contacts: Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Change your ringtone

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
  2. In the Sounds And Vibrations Patterns section, tap the sound that you want to change. You can change your Ringtone, Text Tone, New Mail sound, Calendar Alerts, and more.
  3. Tap on the name of a ringtone or alert tone to hear it play and set it as the new sound.

You can also set a Ringtone or Text Tone for a specific contact: In the Contacts app, find and tap the specific contact, then tap Edit in the upper-right corner. Tap Ringtone or Text Tone, then choose a new sound."

If you'd like, you can also send feedback to Apple here: Product Feedback. Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:09 AM in response to anishpatel

Hi anishpatel,

Thanks for the post. I see you have a question about using different ringtones with Dual SIM.

While it's not possible to set ringtones by SIM, you can set custom ringtones for specific contacts: Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Change your ringtone

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
  2. In the Sounds And Vibrations Patterns section, tap the sound that you want to change. You can change your Ringtone, Text Tone, New Mail sound, Calendar Alerts, and more.
  3. Tap on the name of a ringtone or alert tone to hear it play and set it as the new sound.

You can also set a Ringtone or Text Tone for a specific contact: In the Contacts app, find and tap the specific contact, then tap Edit in the upper-right corner. Tap Ringtone or Text Tone, then choose a new sound."

If you'd like, you can also send feedback to Apple here: Product Feedback. Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.