Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow in Photos 4.0

I have Photos 4.o on a 2015 Mac using Mojave. I am working on producing a slide show. It seems that every time that I try to change the succession of the slide thumbnails along the bottom row it reorders some of the thumbnails. Frustration is rampant in the house as I have been working on this much of the day.

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 11:47 AM

Try using the Classic theme. Some other themes arrange the photos in panels and that might be causing your difficulty.

Otherwise, you can go back to the album that you used to create the slideshow. Rearrange you photos there. And then control click on the album name in the sidebar and select to create a slideshow from the drop down menu. A new slideshow will be created with the photos in the same order that you arranged in the album.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 11:47 AM in response to HomeportVT

Try using the Classic theme. Some other themes arrange the photos in panels and that might be causing your difficulty.

Otherwise, you can go back to the album that you used to create the slideshow. Rearrange you photos there. And then control click on the album name in the sidebar and select to create a slideshow from the drop down menu. A new slideshow will be created with the photos in the same order that you arranged in the album.

-- Rich

Sep 30, 2019 1:27 PM in response to Rich839

I have done exactly as was suggested. The order in the new slide show did not follow the order from the folder. I then went back to the folder and all was well. Decided I would do the show manually. I erased the out-of-order Slide Show. After taking some time (about 45 minutes) to recover my cool, I returned to the folder to find that the slides were now out of order. I have now been set back about three hours of work with about 182 slides. I have the presentation on Wednesday with much of tomorrow to recover - think it will take about an hour, but I have no confidence that I can make the presentation as ordered, as I have absolutely no time on Tuesday night or all of Wednesday morning before 1 when the presentation must take place.

Sep 30, 2019 3:24 PM in response to HomeportVT

Hmmm. I have no idea what is happening there.

In view of the time pressure, you might want to consider using another app. You can make good slide shows in iMovie. The Keynote app also works, though a bit of a learning curve. Google slideshow apps and you will find numerous choices.

Finally, you can type slide show app in the search box of the online app store and get several choices.,

-- Rich

-- Rich

Slideshow in Photos 4.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.