Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reminders app not syncing

iPhone 11 Pro, Watch series 4. After updating watch to WatchOS6, the reminders app no longer functions on the watch. Everything is fine on the iPhone, but it won't sync to the watch. The Reminders app doesn't show in the Watch settings app (I'm not sure it's supposed to, though). I've restarted both devices to no avail. Anyone with a fix?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:57 PM

I just updated and found the same situation on my iPad. I signed out of iCloud and signed back in and the reminders are now sync'd on the iPad. I could see no way of signing out of iCloud on the watch, so I unpaired and repaired it, however that didn't work. The reminders on the watch are still empty. I considered signing out of iCloud on the iPhone to see if that would work, but it looks like it deletes the Apple Pay info and I really don't want to go through that again unless I have to.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 5:57 PM in response to stskoutas

I just updated and found the same situation on my iPad. I signed out of iCloud and signed back in and the reminders are now sync'd on the iPad. I could see no way of signing out of iCloud on the watch, so I unpaired and repaired it, however that didn't work. The reminders on the watch are still empty. I considered signing out of iCloud on the iPhone to see if that would work, but it looks like it deletes the Apple Pay info and I really don't want to go through that again unless I have to.

Oct 26, 2019 6:44 AM in response to darrylk1

I am experiencing the same issue at least since my watch updated to Watch OS 6.0.1.

Devices: I have an iPhone XR running OS 13.0, and a watch series 3 running Watch OS 6.0.1.

Issue prior to troubleshooting: Reminders don't show on my watch (although I cannot verify that they ever did because I never checked), I can't dictate Siri to set reminders on my watch anymore (error message: "Sorry. I wasn't able to create that reminder." and reminders set on my phone do not pop up on my watch anymore (while they do pop up on my MacBook). (Other apps are working perfectly fine across my devices.)

Troubleshooting: I tried

• disabling and enabling iCloud syncing for reminders
  • reinstalling reminders app on phone and watch
  • restarting watch
  • restarting phone

Issues after troubleshooting: Same as above.

Sep 25, 2019 8:15 AM in response to darrylk1

Same setup & same issue (iPhone 11 Pro, Watch series 4). I set up the new shortcuts feature that allows you to set up a reminder based on your arrival at a specific location. When I use Siri on my watch to "Remind me at home to ........" the reminder appears on my watch "reminders" app, but does not sync to my phone "reminders" app. The same happens when setting up the reminder on my phone using Siri. It creates the reminder on my phone, but not on my watch. All devices are updated to the latest iOS versions.

reminders app not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.