Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to manually add 'distance' to iOS 13 Activity to Health App?

My Series 5 apple watch does not have an activity selection for the recumbent bike. So my riding 'distance' is not recording in the Health app. How do I manually "add" the distance to the health app so it appears in my summary? Or, does anyone know what activity setting I could use that 'would' record my distance riding the recumbent bike? None seem to work. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 6:13 AM

Thank you for attempting to help me with my question. I have used indoor cycling on my Apple watch series 5 hoping to measure distance but it does not measure distance, just calories etc. I was hoping that one of other workouts would but all that I've tried do not. The recumbent bike is my choice of cycling due to low back problems. My main question is "how do I add" miles to my health app so I get credit for the miles I ride (as shown on the equipment/the bike)? Prior to Series 5, I was able to "add" to the health app. Without the ability to do so now, my readings are not even close to accurate in terms of activity. It is a frustrating problem.

However, I do much appreciate the information that you sent to me. Thank you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2019 6:13 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thank you for attempting to help me with my question. I have used indoor cycling on my Apple watch series 5 hoping to measure distance but it does not measure distance, just calories etc. I was hoping that one of other workouts would but all that I've tried do not. The recumbent bike is my choice of cycling due to low back problems. My main question is "how do I add" miles to my health app so I get credit for the miles I ride (as shown on the equipment/the bike)? Prior to Series 5, I was able to "add" to the health app. Without the ability to do so now, my readings are not even close to accurate in terms of activity. It is a frustrating problem.

However, I do much appreciate the information that you sent to me. Thank you.

Sep 25, 2019 5:00 PM in response to CartinR

Hey CartinR,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I definitely want to make sure you're able to get credit for, and track the distance you ride! I am happy to provide some information.

I want to share the resource below with you, that goes over workout types, the "Cycling" Section is where I hope you'll find some helpful information.

Workout types on Apple Watch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

How to manually add 'distance' to iOS 13 Activity to Health App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.