Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout map In Activity app dark?

Have just done a couple of walks using the workout on my apple Watch and in the activity app on the phone it shows the map in dark....is this now normal??

If there’s a setting to change back to a normal daytime style map view can someone show me where?

for reference have light mode on the phone in ios13 and walked in day and night and both the same

thanks

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 7:14 AM

Hello goose0211,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities,

I understand that you are wanting to turn off Dark Mode at this time. The following guide details the steps that are needed to turn off Dark Mode:

Use Dark Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

13 replies

Oct 1, 2019 1:59 AM in response to treaders

I’ve since spoken to Apple about this and had conflicting views. One tech told me this is by design to highlight the route you’ve walked/run etc so you can see it more clearly against the dark background. Others suggested it wasn’t as that and should be changed with dark/light mode.

i kind of think it’s by design...which I think is really poor as you can’t see the map clearly

Workout map In Activity app dark?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.