Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular data connection

Why my cellular data connection keeps on dropping? I had 3-4bars signal of LTE. Was able to update to ios 13.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 1:07 AM

Me and my gf both have iPhone XR and are experiencing this too. My officemate has a X and she experiences this too. Data would suddenly be unreliable. Some apps are connected like iMessage but other apps like youtube and telegram and messenger safari and chrome would not connect. We have to periodically go to airplane mode on and off to connect. Updated to 13.1.1, did all resets, contact Globe and SMART networks no help.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2019 1:07 AM in response to Fredo2100

Me and my gf both have iPhone XR and are experiencing this too. My officemate has a X and she experiences this too. Data would suddenly be unreliable. Some apps are connected like iMessage but other apps like youtube and telegram and messenger safari and chrome would not connect. We have to periodically go to airplane mode on and off to connect. Updated to 13.1.1, did all resets, contact Globe and SMART networks no help.

Sep 26, 2019 9:51 AM in response to Fredo2100

Hi Fredo2100,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here.

When you say your cellular connection is dropping, are you seeing No Service or Searching in the status bar?

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad is a great resource to review that has troubleshooting steps for cellular connection issues.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Cheers!

Sep 30, 2019 10:02 AM in response to ryane77

Yes, to IOS 13.1.1. I contacted apple support as well. Done with the steps they provide such as forced restore and update via itunes and etc. but its all the same. Nothing happened, i still experienced dropping of internet connection and i have to re select to volte on or volte off or 3G every time to have a continuous internet on my iphone xs max.

Oct 9, 2019 2:29 AM in response to Pavelllllllll

Not resolve up until now!

Been contacting apple support about this and all I got is to send my device service center to have it fix!

Been trying to tell to them that I'm not the only who's experiencing this.

Been trying to tell them to make a report to engineering or whatsoever who is accounted for updating the iOS to make an update regarding this issue but no one noticing me.

I had talked to senior advisor and etc but I got nothing! Worst customer service!

Cellular data connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.