Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD #3

Audible/Kindle apps won't download to my IPAD#3/states "not compatible" Really?

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 12:35 PM

Try this.

Older versions of apps may still exist in the iOS App Store, despite the fact the apps may have moved on to an higher minimum iOS version, now.

If you need older versions of apps that have moved on to iOS 10 and later, tap on my link below and choose the method that best works with your current situation.

CAREFULLY read and follow ALL directions. Especially so for my computer/older iTunes procedures.

Any of my procedures/solutions shoukd still work!

Downloading Older iOS 9.3.5 Versions of A… - Apple Community

A Disclaimer.

Apps may or may not have older iOS 9.3.5 versions still available from within the iOS App Store.

The availability of older third party apps for older iOS devices from app developers is at the sole decision/discretion of the third party app developer ONLY and NOT Apple.

There are a couple of ways to try/attempt to get an older version of an app.

Pick the method that works best for your situation/circumstances.

Also, I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Heed my advice on this issue in my above link.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 12:35 PM in response to DarktoLIGHTQ

Try this.

Older versions of apps may still exist in the iOS App Store, despite the fact the apps may have moved on to an higher minimum iOS version, now.

If you need older versions of apps that have moved on to iOS 10 and later, tap on my link below and choose the method that best works with your current situation.

CAREFULLY read and follow ALL directions. Especially so for my computer/older iTunes procedures.

Any of my procedures/solutions shoukd still work!

Downloading Older iOS 9.3.5 Versions of A… - Apple Community

A Disclaimer.

Apps may or may not have older iOS 9.3.5 versions still available from within the iOS App Store.

The availability of older third party apps for older iOS devices from app developers is at the sole decision/discretion of the third party app developer ONLY and NOT Apple.

There are a couple of ways to try/attempt to get an older version of an app.

Pick the method that works best for your situation/circumstances.

Also, I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Heed my advice on this issue in my above link.

IPAD #3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.