Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update my iOS version on my 2012 MacBook Air

How do I update from iOS 10.12.6 to 10.13 on my MacBook Air if there is not an update showing available? I have already checked and my MacBook is compatible. I am trying to download an app (Pages) that says I have to have iOS 10.13 or later.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 1:14 PM

iOS is the operating system for iPhone, and iOS apps don’t run on Macs, and macOS is the operating system for Macs, and Mac apps don’t run on iOS, and you will here want to upgrade to High Sierra or (better) to Mojave.

Make a backup or two, check your key apps, check that your printer and scanner vendors have drivers available, and upgrade per the linked instructions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2019 1:14 PM in response to LoKate3

iOS is the operating system for iPhone, and iOS apps don’t run on Macs, and macOS is the operating system for Macs, and Mac apps don’t run on iOS, and you will here want to upgrade to High Sierra or (better) to Mojave.

Make a backup or two, check your key apps, check that your printer and scanner vendors have drivers available, and upgrade per the linked instructions.

Update my iOS version on my 2012 MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.