Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Addressbook/Calendar iPhone/iMac still(!) not working correctly (iOS 13.1)

After having the issues described here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250654404 (multiple birthdays in Calendar)

iOS 13.1 fixed these partially... at least I don‘t have 35+ birthday entries for each contact anymore... but 2 for each contact in Addressbook. But this seems „ok“ as now all my contacts are doubled after sync. Still everything is fine on my iMac, i.e. Addressbook and iCal-Apps show only one entry for each contact - and therefore for each birthday.

But even replacing Contacts/Calendars does not fix this - even worse: now it seems that changes I make to contacts/calendar-entries don‘t get sync at all :(

created a test dummy-contact on my iPhone as well as on my iMac (different names ofc) - neither shows on the other system after sync. As described above: even replace-option in iTunes does not force the iMac-Dummy-Contact on the iPhone. Same for Calendar-events - sync does not seem to work at all right now... :(

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 9:26 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 26, 2019 3:40 PM in response to ChaoticHero

Hello ChaoticHero and thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're trying to sync exclusively using iTunes. Do I have that right? If so, and if you enable Contacts and Calendars for your iCloud account at Settings > Passwords & Accounts, does the dummy contact you created migrate between the Mac and your iPhone?

Cheers.

Sync Addressbook/Calendar iPhone/iMac still(!) not working correctly (iOS 13.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.