Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't connect my Sony WH-1000X M3 headphones to my new MacBook Pro

I can't connect these new Sony headphones to my new Mac book pro! Can anyone help, please?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 2:41 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2019 5:12 PM in response to TrevinBeer

Sure, I'll give it a whirl. These are Bluetooth headphones, so you have to go into the Mac Book Pro's bluetooth menu and turn bluetooth on. You also have to make your Mac book pro discoverable. There is also, apparently, a headphone jack on the headphones themselves, and using the supplied headphone cable. You should also make sure that the headphones themselves are charged up enough using the supplied USB-C cable. turn on the headphones with the power button, and hold it down for about 7 seconds. You should see a blue light on the headphones flash twice. the headphones should appear in the bluetooth menu under "Devices". Click on "Connect". Oh, and your Mac should not be sleeping, and the built in speaker should be active (not muted) .if it asks you for a passkey/passcode, use 0000 (that's 4 zeroes, easy to remember, huh ?).click on the speaker icon at the top of your screen, and the headphones should be there. select them, and you should get sound. If you have tried, and it has not worked, you may have to re-initialize the headphones, hold the power button down for 7 seconds, while the usb-c cable is disconnected, watch for the blue light to flash 4 times in a row, which means it worked. delete that device (or choose "forget" in the bluetooth menu on your mac, and try to pair them again. You should also have High Sierra (10.13) or better installed on your Mac. If you do pair, you should hear a voice in the headphones themselves say "Bluetooth pairing".

man, that's all I got

john b

I can't connect my Sony WH-1000X M3 headphones to my new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.