Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Stuck at 1 minute endlessly

I have been having this problem with iCloud doing my backups where it will get down to 1 minute updating iCloud settings. It can go for hours on end and will still show this since IOS 13.1 was coming out. What I have to do to stop it and have it show a back up time is open up any application and then it suddenly completes and gives a time of the back up. It will not be the time that I opened up any application and could shows hours sooner than that.

Example: I start my back up at say 8:30AM and it goes, goes, and goes saying 1 minute remaining. Then check it at say 9:30AM and still shows the 1 minute remaining still. Then when I open any app it will show minutes later after 8:30AM despite it still showed it doing it at 9:30AM.

Happens every time and this is how I get it to stop the 1 minute remaining. Anyone else having this problem with iCloud?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 1:40 PM

I had a feeling it was not just me with it doing it in all my devices.

I did figure out a way to force it to complete and here is how and works every time. It is stupid and why this does it I have zero clue.

Do your back up and watch it if just let it go for a bit. When you come back to it and see it is almost done and see “1 minute remaining” open up an app or two. I usually do text messages and go right back to iCloud and I have a time instantly.

if it did not stop yet it still needs a little more time and open up like text messages again.

Why this works and it complete it forcing it I have zero clue. Now Apple needs to figure out why opening a simple app or two stops there endless “1 minute remaining” that can go for hours on end.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 1:40 PM in response to bruce02user

I had a feeling it was not just me with it doing it in all my devices.

I did figure out a way to force it to complete and here is how and works every time. It is stupid and why this does it I have zero clue.

Do your back up and watch it if just let it go for a bit. When you come back to it and see it is almost done and see “1 minute remaining” open up an app or two. I usually do text messages and go right back to iCloud and I have a time instantly.

if it did not stop yet it still needs a little more time and open up like text messages again.

Why this works and it complete it forcing it I have zero clue. Now Apple needs to figure out why opening a simple app or two stops there endless “1 minute remaining” that can go for hours on end.

iCloud Stuck at 1 minute endlessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.