Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually Sync Music on iPhone X

Cannot drop music on to iPhone X from iTunes

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 12:09 PM

It isn't a question of turning off iCloud music, but if you have items in your library that display with a cloud symbol (undownloaded purchase) or exclamation mark (file not at expected path) those items cannot be copied to a device.

Apart from that I'm not sure why iTunes isn't accepting the request to manually add media. Was it previously linked to a different library?

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 12:09 PM in response to Jarhadz

It isn't a question of turning off iCloud music, but if you have items in your library that display with a cloud symbol (undownloaded purchase) or exclamation mark (file not at expected path) those items cannot be copied to a device.

Apart from that I'm not sure why iTunes isn't accepting the request to manually add media. Was it previously linked to a different library?

tt2

Sep 25, 2019 11:30 AM in response to turingtest2

I don't get any error message. I have it set to manually sync. When I try to drag music from my iTunes library it wont drop them onto my phone. It has the red number of files that I am moving but when I hover over the iPhone it wont accept them as it usually does. I don't subscribe to Apple Music so I don't have the option to turn off iCloud music.

Manually Sync Music on iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.