Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books app wont play my audiobooks

The Book app won’t play my books I have downloaded since I have updated to the IOS 13.1 for my IPhone XR.

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 5:47 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Mark1393!

I understand you're not able to play audiobooks. I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

Use these steps to play audiobooks: Listen to audiobooks in Apple Books

"Listen to audiobooks

To listen to an audiobook, you need to download it to your device first. Here's how:

Download audiobooks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. In the Books app, tap Reading Now, then tap your profile icon. 
  2. Under My Purchases, tap Audiobooks, then tap All Audiobooks. 
  3. Find the audiobook that you want to download, then tap the download button ."

If you've already followed these steps, try deleting the audiobooks and then go ahead and redownload them:

Read books and more with Apple Books

"Delete a book

After you delete a book, it won't be stored on your device, but it's still available in your library on other devices. If you want to remove the book from your library, you can hide it.

How to delete books, audiobooks, or PDFs from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Tap Library, then find the item.
  2. Tap the More button  underneath the item. If the item is part of a series, first open the series, then tap the More button .
  3. Choose Remove.
  4. To remove the item from your device, choose Remove Download. (If the item is a PDF or didn't come from the Book Store, tap Delete Everywhere to delete it from your library.)"

If this doesn't help, please provide specific information about what is preventing you from playing your audiobooks.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 5:47 AM in response to Mark1393

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Mark1393!

I understand you're not able to play audiobooks. I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

Use these steps to play audiobooks: Listen to audiobooks in Apple Books

"Listen to audiobooks

To listen to an audiobook, you need to download it to your device first. Here's how:

Download audiobooks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. In the Books app, tap Reading Now, then tap your profile icon. 
  2. Under My Purchases, tap Audiobooks, then tap All Audiobooks. 
  3. Find the audiobook that you want to download, then tap the download button ."

If you've already followed these steps, try deleting the audiobooks and then go ahead and redownload them:

Read books and more with Apple Books

"Delete a book

After you delete a book, it won't be stored on your device, but it's still available in your library on other devices. If you want to remove the book from your library, you can hide it.

How to delete books, audiobooks, or PDFs from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Tap Library, then find the item.
  2. Tap the More button  underneath the item. If the item is part of a series, first open the series, then tap the More button .
  3. Choose Remove.
  4. To remove the item from your device, choose Remove Download. (If the item is a PDF or didn't come from the Book Store, tap Delete Everywhere to delete it from your library.)"

If this doesn't help, please provide specific information about what is preventing you from playing your audiobooks.

Have a great day!

Books app wont play my audiobooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.