Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change a monthly billed storage plan to annual billing?

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 11:54 AM

You cannot. There are no annual plans. They were discontinued. There are only monthly subscriptions now.

The only people with annual plans now are those who already subscribed for one prior to their discontinuation in 2015 and chose not to then upgrade to a monthly plan. But since 09/2015 there has been no option to move to an annual plan.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 11:54 AM in response to Leomich

You cannot. There are no annual plans. They were discontinued. There are only monthly subscriptions now.

The only people with annual plans now are those who already subscribed for one prior to their discontinuation in 2015 and chose not to then upgrade to a monthly plan. But since 09/2015 there has been no option to move to an annual plan.

Sep 25, 2019 6:45 AM in response to Leomich

Annual iCloud storage plans - https://support.apple.com/HT201058 - "We introduced monthly storage plans and pricing on September 16, 2015." ... "If you don't switch to a monthly plan, your annual plan continues to renew on your original purchase date." I.e., you used to be able to pay annually but if you stopped you can't now. Presumably you cannot now change to an annual payment plan either. If you do not want to add a credit card to your payment information you can use a gift card to make sure your iTunes Store balance has enough money to cover long-term deductions.

Sep 25, 2019 2:46 PM in response to Leomich

That's what my post told you (except I presumed you would read what Apple actually said about the non-availability of annual plans in the link -- but I am quickly discovering I have to copy entire secions out of links and paste them here so people only have to read the pertinent bits since increasingly nobody is bothering to read links). Plus it told you a way to avoid having to do it EVERY month!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.