Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update to WatchOS6 when it’s paired with an iPhone 6 (which does not support the latest iOS update)?

How can I update to WatchOS6 when it’s paired with an iPhone 6 (which does not support the latest iOS update)? When you go to the iWatch app to perform the update, it says you must update the iPhone to the latest software version first.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 6:47 AM

6 replies

Sep 25, 2019 6:14 PM in response to AlanofLI

You will NOT be able to re-pair your iPhone 6 with iOS 12 to the Apple Watch with watchOS 6. There are posts in these forums where people have done this. They are not happy.

And once the Apple Watch is upgraded, it cannot go back, so you are stuck with a watch that will not work with your iPhone 6

Right now, your Apple Watch is functional and does everything today it did yesterday.

How can I update to WatchOS6 when it’s paired with an iPhone 6 (which does not support the latest iOS update)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.