Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iPad Calendar alternating?

Why does the ipad calendar (see photo below) show some events with a colored background, while others only have a colored dot beside them? The dots are almost impossible for me to differentiate between colors, so I would like to make all show the colored background.

HOW do I set this? I’ve tried using different calendars, sharing or not, but none of those make a difference. Still, some are dots and others are background.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 7:32 AM

Hello,

Calendar events that are fully colored filled are events set as "All Day" whereas Calendar events with a dot have a specific time set.

2 replies

Why is iPad Calendar alternating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.