Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 Stopped Scrolling

I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 on a MacBook Pro. My Magic Mouse scroll functions stopped working. In fact, all gestures seem not to be recognized. It isn't just a single app. It won't scroll on Outlook or web browsers, etc. It is NOT an issue with settings for mouse or accessibility; both are correctly set up to allow scrolling. The trackpad on the computer still works. The mouse also still works in other ways in that I can navigate around the window and click. But scrolling functions have disappeared.

Again, the first thing I checked was the system preferences for the mouse. It is set to scroll in natural direction. Swiping left and right is also enabled. However no gestures are recognized. Scrolling is also enabled on mouse in accessibility options.

This is a new issue that arose today out of the blue.

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:39 AM

And, it's embarrassing to say, rebooting fixed the problem. I didn't change any settings, but just restarted it, and suddenly my mouse worked again. ( Though it isn't clear whether I'm the one who ought to to be embarrassed for not trying a hard restart before posting my question, or whether Apple ought to be embarrassed to still be in an era where turning a computer off and on again is considered a solution. That was always my condescending joke about Windows machines.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2019 8:39 AM in response to MTD-Mac-User

And, it's embarrassing to say, rebooting fixed the problem. I didn't change any settings, but just restarted it, and suddenly my mouse worked again. ( Though it isn't clear whether I'm the one who ought to to be embarrassed for not trying a hard restart before posting my question, or whether Apple ought to be embarrassed to still be in an era where turning a computer off and on again is considered a solution. That was always my condescending joke about Windows machines.)

Magic Mouse 2 Stopped Scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.