Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Home Screen does not rotate

Just got my iPhone Pro Max last Friday and noticed that the home screen does not rotate anymore (The portrait is lock if turned off and the view under display&brightness is set to standard), although email and safari do rotate to landscape mode when the phone is rotated sideways. I called apple support and was told that the home screen will not rotate anymore and only certain apps will. I wonder if anyone else out there has seen the same

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 7:19 PM

I have noticed this as well, and it's annoying when trying to use a selfie stick or even a tripod to get the best lowlight shots. The apps will rotate fine but the home screen will not, yet it did on IOS 12.

108 replies

Oct 21, 2019 2:25 AM in response to Aschukin

Same here. iPhone 11 Pro Max that cost me $1,400 USD and it doesn't rotate YouTube videos when I put the iPhone sideways. Doesn't rotate any app. Rotation is unlocked, Display zoom is standard. Tried everything and nada...

13.1.3 installed.

This is absolutely mental. And we wonder why Android users make stock of us at every release.

The software is so backwards I'm shocked. Used iPhone from iPhone 1 to iPhone 7. Moved to Samsunf and discovered not only a more beautiful, lighter phone, but realised how intuitive and functional it could be.

I am now back to iPhone for reasons, and I'm in pain over stuff like this. Screen doesn't rotate, you need to tap 3 times to send a file instead of one, the iPhone still takes screenshots by pressing two physical buttons for crying out loud... It's like Apple wants us stuck in 2005 or something...

Please fix this, this is ridiculous, to not be able to put YouTube in full screen by turning the phone while watching

Oct 13, 2019 3:56 PM in response to XJneu

No, it does not anymore. My husband and I just upgraded to the iPhone 11 pro max and noticed the home and lock screens do not rotate anymore. There might be a good reason for not rotating 90 degrees but can’t imagine why not rotating 180. This is disappointing coming from Apple, it almost seems like stepping backwards from one code to a ‘better’ one.

Oct 22, 2019 6:40 AM in response to O'Ren

Tell me about it! Two step forwards with shiny new hardware and a step backwards with software.

Now as far as YouTube goes, I don’t use the app so I couldn’t say. I watch YouTube through safari, so I can get that in landscape.

But I’ve been using my iPhone 7 professionally in landscape mode for over 2 years. Mean I look at the home screen on a regular basis while the phone is sideways because that is the most convenient way to use it for me.

Not to mention the botched job with the keyboard. There is so much space for needed symbols such as periods and dollar signs, yet they hid all of these and now instead of being able to hit the available sign like I did on my previous phone, I have to open the second and third keyboards to use.

This is absolutely absurd!

APPLE!!!!!! WTF????

Oct 22, 2019 11:23 PM in response to Aschukin

I unpacked my bright shiny iphone 11 por max this morning and same thing - spent hours trying to fix it and 90 minutes to support who then escalated it to be told oh no they don;'t do that anymore. Talk about frustration and disappointment

Cost $2400 AUD and the screen don't flip WTF???

I went onto apple.com/feedback to let them know I'm so unhappy about this I think I'll get a refund and they should really update the system to support homescreen rotation

Nov 1, 2019 8:09 AM in response to O'Ren

I hope you have gotten past the issues you’re having. Just got my 11 Pro Max on Tuesday and have no problems watching YouTube full screen in landscape. The videos rotate just fine. There are older videos that won’t get bigger than an 8 Plus screen size but what can you do about that. I’ve noticed you have to use two finger pinch and expand to get some video full screen in a handful of apps.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Home Screen does not rotate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.