Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch voice memo not showing on iphone

I have tried to record from my apple watch series 3 with the new IOS6 and iPhone IOS13. The recording is not showing up on my iPhone as described in the updates for the watch and iPhone.

How can I get the recording on my iPhone?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 6:20 PM

I fixed this issue.

Do not repair the device you will lose your recording.

Go to your settings on your iPhone and/or MacBook MacPro etc. and follow these instructions. The issue here is with your iCloud setting which you must have perfect to fix this issue.

On your Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, click iCloud in the sidebar, select iCloud Drive, click Options, then select Voice Memos in the list of apps.

On your iOS or iPadOS device: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Voice Memos.

Done; I exist to make life great.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2019 6:20 PM in response to DanTheMan_DTM

I fixed this issue.

Do not repair the device you will lose your recording.

Go to your settings on your iPhone and/or MacBook MacPro etc. and follow these instructions. The issue here is with your iCloud setting which you must have perfect to fix this issue.

On your Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, click iCloud in the sidebar, select iCloud Drive, click Options, then select Voice Memos in the list of apps.

On your iOS or iPadOS device: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on Voice Memos.

Done; I exist to make life great.

Sep 27, 2019 10:19 AM in response to DanTheMan_DTM

Hi DanTheMan_DTM,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble syncing voice memos from your Apple Watch to your paired iPhone. I’m happy to help.

To start, you’ll want to make sure you’re signed in with the same Apple ID per the article below:

Record and play voice memos on Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you’re already signed into the same Apple ID and your voice memos still aren’t syncing, I suggest unpairing your Apple Watch and then setting it up again. If you’re signed into iCloud on your iPhone, your Apple Watch will automatically create a backup when you unpair it.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day.

Oct 27, 2019 9:30 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks for the information. I am experiencing the same problem and i am concerned that by following the direction I will loose me recordings on the watch. I understand the steps and the backup process but the voice memos are not showing up on my phone or my other iCloud connected devices. How do I insure and confirm the Voice recordings are not deleted.

Thanks in advance,

apple watch voice memo not showing on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.