Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock sounds on iOS 13

I have a question in regards to the lock sound issue I've noticed since I updated to iOS 13. In my case, I have the "ringer and alerts" option to change with buttons disabled, so when ringer is on, its max volume. In iOS 12, when you had the ringer on and system volume down to none, you still got the lock screen click. The level of the click normally depended upon what level of sound your system volume was on, but when sound was all the way turned down, there was a medium level lock sound that was nice. This obviously didn't happen when on silent mode. Now with this latest update of iOS 13.1, I noticed that this wasn't happening. I tried to have that same setup but nothing happens. I liked that satisfying click of knowing my phone was locked without having to watch things like Instagram videos or Snapchat stories with sound on. Is there a setting I've missed, is this a bug, or is this just a new tweak of iOS 13?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 12:34 AM

Hi, I'm from Hungary, sorry for my bad English... :)

I have the same problem. I reseted all settings, and the issue is gone. But, after then, i was setting up the phone mannualy, not from icloud and the lock screen sound was gone again. I noticed when I turned on siri on the side button, a lock screen sound was only audible when the media volume is xy %, when 0% it doesn't "click'".

I turned off siri, and now it's working well.

I don't know if it's a new feature (probably no..) or it's just a bug but for me, that was the solution.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 12:34 AM in response to BradMacGuy

Hi, I'm from Hungary, sorry for my bad English... :)

I have the same problem. I reseted all settings, and the issue is gone. But, after then, i was setting up the phone mannualy, not from icloud and the lock screen sound was gone again. I noticed when I turned on siri on the side button, a lock screen sound was only audible when the media volume is xy %, when 0% it doesn't "click'".

I turned off siri, and now it's working well.

I don't know if it's a new feature (probably no..) or it's just a bug but for me, that was the solution.

Oct 29, 2019 7:42 PM in response to BradMacGuy

I have change with buttons turned on. I like my system volume at about 30%. This gives the lock sound a nice, soft click. When I got the 11pro, I noticed the lock sound was extremely loud even tho my system volume was 30%. I turned it to almost silent. Still the lock sound was 100%. I reset the phone through iTunes and set up as new. It didn’t fix it. Did some research on these forums to find this was an issue with iOS 5 (I think- even Siri was new). The work around was to either turn a Siri off then on, or ask Siri a question. Asking a question puts the sound back to normal. I have reported this numerous times to Apple. It’s an old problem that’s back. I wish they would fix it.

Lock sounds on iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.