Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.1 Update not working on iPhone

My device says ''unable to check for update,an error occurred while checking for a software update" I cannot use my computer to download the update right now.I'm currently on iOS 13.How can I download 13.1 without using the iTunes on the computer?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 10:46 AM

Hi Coralbackpack15,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to update your iPhone to iOS 13.1 and you're seeing an error regarding being unable to check for the update. I know how important it is to keep your device up-to-date; I'd like to help. I'd recommend using the steps and suggestions below:

"If you can’t reach the update server or can’t verify the update

If you try to update the iOS on your device, you might see one of these messages:

"Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred while checking for a software update."

"Unable to Verify Update. iOS failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network or update your device with iTunes. If the issue happens again after trying to update with multiple networks, remove the update.

Learn more about iOS updates.

Remove and download the iOS update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
    2. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
    3. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
    4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes."

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates

If you continue to have trouble with updating using your device and you're still unable to use iTunes on your computer, you can always use a friends computer with iTunes, or visit a nearby Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance: Find Locations

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 10:46 AM in response to Coralbackpack15

Hi Coralbackpack15,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're trying to update your iPhone to iOS 13.1 and you're seeing an error regarding being unable to check for the update. I know how important it is to keep your device up-to-date; I'd like to help. I'd recommend using the steps and suggestions below:

"If you can’t reach the update server or can’t verify the update

If you try to update the iOS on your device, you might see one of these messages:

"Unable to Check for Update. An error occurred while checking for a software update."

"Unable to Verify Update. iOS failed verification because you are no longer connected to the Internet."

Try updating your device again using the same network. If you still see one of these messages, try updating your device using another network or update your device with iTunes. If the issue happens again after trying to update with multiple networks, remove the update.

Learn more about iOS updates.

Remove and download the iOS update again

If you still can't install the latest version of iOS, try downloading the update again:

1. Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage.
    2. Find the iOS update in the list of apps.
    3. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update.
    4. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.

If you don’t see the update in the list of apps or if the issue happens again, you need to update your device with iTunes."

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates

If you continue to have trouble with updating using your device and you're still unable to use iTunes on your computer, you can always use a friends computer with iTunes, or visit a nearby Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for assistance: Find Locations

Best Regards.

iOS 13.1 Update not working on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.