Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen apple watch series 5 problem

Hi all,

The screen of my new apple watch 5 flickers when it switches between “on” and “dimmed”.

It doesn’t happen all the time and it’s not reproducible.

sometimes a reset or disconnect works to solve the problem. But it returns in a few hours or a day.

Are there more people with this issue?

and what do you think; software or hardware related?

I am considering to exchange it for another one...

also see photo.

regards,

sonja

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 11:01 AM

7 replies

Sep 26, 2019 12:44 PM in response to sonnie000

I’m on my second Series 5 44mm and mine while on the dim screen flickers while outside on a. Ice sunny day.

I do not have the raise to wake feature on, so when I look at the dim screen that is when I notice the flicker. If I tap on the screen to wake the watch up, all seems okay, but this flickering issue seems to only happen on the always on/dim screen. I have noticed that while on my hour walk that even though my arms were at my side, the watch screen did get pretty hot and I’m if that is the root of the problem?

Screen apple watch series 5 problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.