Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My notifies other that you're watching

The Find My app notifies others when you've set it to notify you when they've left or arrive at a location. At first that might not seem like a big deal, unless you're a parent. If you've set all phones to allow following of your kids, they need to know that you may be watching. But now, they'll know when you're NOT watching when they leave or arrive somewhere. That is UNACCEPTABLE and strips parents of their ability to more effectively parent.

What's next, an Apple web cam that tells thieves when the camera can't see them?

Is there a way to bypass those notifications?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 25, 2019 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 4:28 PM

Something's changed and I'm now able to be notified without the other person being notified. Don't know if an update fixed it or I stumbled on a bug. Regardless, all is well except Find My still requires too many steps to accomplish what used to take fewer. I refer to such as Microsoft Syndrome.

1 reply

Find My notifies other that you're watching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.