You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Book Covers on a Mac, iPad and iPhone

You can change ugly or non-existent book covers in your Mac "Books" App just by dragging new artwork to it.

But that won't change it on either your iPad or your iPhone if you are using iTunes to update your device, or, if you are syncing your collection via iCloud. This is frustrating since your iPad/iPhone are where you most likely browse and read your books from - so that is where you would like to view your new book covers.

But there a way to get NEW BOOK COVERS on your devices - just follow these 3 steps:

1) Change your book cover in the Mac App Books by dragging new artwork to the book.

2) Now, on your iPad and/or iPhone goto your SETTINGS, then your ACCOUNT (your name) at the very top of SETTINGS, then iCLOUD, then scroll down to BOOKS and turn the iCloud Sync OFF.

3) On your Mac, open AirDrop and with your iPad/iPhone unlocked and open, drag your books with the new book covers to your devices - when the ACCEPT prompt comes up on your iPad/iPhone choose BOOKS to open them.

That should replace your existing books with the same books with the new covers. If it does not, then first REMOVE the books on your iPad/iPhone from your devices (the old book cover will remain for the moment, but it will have a small "cloud" icon in the lower left corner) and then AirDrop your books with new covers to your devices and that will make the change.

I have not tried turning the Books iCloud back on after because I don't mind that mine is OFF.

If anyone does and the new book covers remain, I would interested to know.

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 1:42 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Changing Book Covers on a Mac, iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.