Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update to watchOS 6 because my iPhone is a model 6 plus and cannot be updated to IOS 13. Is there any other way to update my iWatch?

I cannot update to watchOS 6 because my iPhone is a model 6 plus and cannot be updated to IOS 13. Is there any other way to update my iWatch?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 3:49 PM

There are people which have posted in these forums where they managed to get watchOS 6 on their Apple Watch, and then could no longer use it because it would not re-pair to their iPhone 6 (or 6 Plus). Strongly suggest you learn from their mistakes.

A used iPhone 6s Plus would be the least expensive way to move forward. Or just wait until you decide it is time to replace your iPhone 6 Plus with a new model of any kind.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2019 3:49 PM in response to Irishiii

There are people which have posted in these forums where they managed to get watchOS 6 on their Apple Watch, and then could no longer use it because it would not re-pair to their iPhone 6 (or 6 Plus). Strongly suggest you learn from their mistakes.

A used iPhone 6s Plus would be the least expensive way to move forward. Or just wait until you decide it is time to replace your iPhone 6 Plus with a new model of any kind.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.