Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio and video not working when sped up

i have a video clip i have sped up in places and below ive added a audio file but when playing them together the audio stops on the sped up section of the video then starts again on the normal speed

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 2:34 PM

Hi,

I did a test video and could not replicate your issue. I sped up a portion of the video clip to 20x speed. The audio clip below played normally through the sped up portion.

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the audio plays normally.

Also, possibly your issue is confined to this one project. Try creating a new project and putting your media into it. Speed up portions and see if the audio below plays normally.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2019 2:34 PM in response to Beau1981

Hi,

I did a test video and could not replicate your issue. I sped up a portion of the video clip to 20x speed. The audio clip below played normally through the sped up portion.

Try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if the audio plays normally.

Also, possibly your issue is confined to this one project. Try creating a new project and putting your media into it. Speed up portions and see if the audio below plays normally.

-- Rich

Audio and video not working when sped up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.