Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is spotlight search in the new ios13 on

Just updated my iPad mini 4 to ios13. Now when I swipe right on the home screen I get a smaller version of my widgets but no spotlight search bar. I have tried googling the question but didn’t get anything specifically relevant, and when I go to settings/General there is no longer any option to chose spotlight search.

I still get the search bar on my iPhone XR when I swipe right on the home screen so why should my iPad be different?

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 10:26 AM

Wow this was really perplexing me also. All the responses I found on the issue being the same. “Swipe down from the middle in the Home screen”. What was not stated is the the swiping action should begin within the screen. Not in the bezel area. I have found that as long as I am in the middle of the screen (horizontally) being anywhere in the screen vertically will allow the Spotlight search bar to appear.

If I swipe down on the screen starting at the bezel all I see is notifications.

Hope that helps!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Pdegnan

Wow this was really perplexing me also. All the responses I found on the issue being the same. “Swipe down from the middle in the Home screen”. What was not stated is the the swiping action should begin within the screen. Not in the bezel area. I have found that as long as I am in the middle of the screen (horizontally) being anywhere in the screen vertically will allow the Spotlight search bar to appear.

If I swipe down on the screen starting at the bezel all I see is notifications.

Hope that helps!

Sep 28, 2019 10:06 PM in response to Pdegnan

If I swipe down on the screen starting at or above the bezel all I see is notifications.

where is spotlight search in the new ios13 on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.