Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've gone through all the help suggestion on 8+ and still cannot get my iPhone to do anything but show the "support.apple.com/iphone/restore" with the iTunes icon in the middle of the screen and the cable picture pointed to it.

I've gone through all the help suggestion on 8+ and still cannot get my iPhone to do anything but show the "support.apple.com/iphone/restore" with the iTunes icon in the middle of the screen and the cable picture pointed to it.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 2:59 PM

Okay guys....and gals.....thank you for your help.

I did go to Apple Support and chatted with someone about my error.

As it turns out I needed to change USB ports on my PC and change power cords....Seems too simple but I thought there is no way that would be my issue.

My phone is back. Thanks again.

5 replies

Sep 26, 2019 1:42 PM in response to kb1951

I've tried that and iTunes will say that it is downloading software but some time I get another message saying that it cannot be recovered......at that point I choose the "restore" button..... After the software is downloaded iTunes says it is "Waiting for iPhone...."

After about 3 minutes I get another warning saying the iPhone cannot be restored......I can then click the more information button...... which gives the error message 4005.

I keep going in an endless loop.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.