Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mistake deleting Bootcamp, BootCamp now lost partition

Hi there

I wanted to resize my Macintosh partition and forgot that I need to delete Windows by Bootcamp. Instead, I just removed it in Disk Utility. Windows are now gone, but I cannot reclaim the 100G that were allocated to Bootcamp.

What is also weird is that I cannot see those 100G in diskutil . (the file Vault is turned off )

i'm also finding this the teared which is not worked for me : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8453248?answerId=33603637022#33603637022

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:          Apple_CoreStorage Untitled                200.4 GB   disk0s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

4:                  Apple_HFS EXTRA SPLIT             99.9 GB    disk0s4

5:                  Apple_HFS BOOTCAMP                98.3 GB    disk0s5

/dev/disk1 (internal, virtual):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:                  Apple_HFS MacintachHD            +200.0 GB   disk1

Logical Volume on disk0s2

AE18A1C5-F8DE-4752-B130-4814F70190C3

Unencrypted

I tried the above also in the recovery mode and it showed a number .In the disk utility I see the missing 100G as "free space" but cannot remove it . I just get an error. Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 6:14 AM

after posting this thread, i tried to shrink a little bit of Macintosh HD (about 500 MB) just for ensuring that i able to create another partition. after that i saw the free space is now format and appear as a new partition to the hard Drive with 101,500 MB capacity , and i have no idea about why/how !?

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2019 6:14 AM in response to Loner T

after posting this thread, i tried to shrink a little bit of Macintosh HD (about 500 MB) just for ensuring that i able to create another partition. after that i saw the free space is now format and appear as a new partition to the hard Drive with 101,500 MB capacity , and i have no idea about why/how !?

Mistake deleting Bootcamp, BootCamp now lost partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.