Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add "location" to control center

Normally I don't leave 'location' turned on, both for privacy and battery life. Occasionally I need it turned on. Is there a way to add it to Control Center?

Or, is there a way to turn it on/off through the new shortcuts?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 12:54 PM

brenden: I have filled out the form at 'feedback' , asking to add 'location' to control center. I am not hopeful about that ever happening.

I have looked at the shortcut app 'gallery' and don't recognize any shortcut relating to turning on/off location. Seems that apple assumes that everyone always has location turned, that there is no reason why anyone would want location turned off. All references to location in shortcuts assume that it is turned on.

I have looked at the shortcut instructions. so far it seems that figuring out the instructions will not be any faster than muddling through the app. I did set up a shortcut for a particular app and referencing location, but there didn't seem to be a way to control the location setting. it just told me that there is a shortcut when i opened the app. but didn't do anything.

If it is really possible to set up a shortcut to turn location on/off perhaps someone can tell me how to do that.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 12:54 PM in response to brenden dv

brenden: I have filled out the form at 'feedback' , asking to add 'location' to control center. I am not hopeful about that ever happening.

I have looked at the shortcut app 'gallery' and don't recognize any shortcut relating to turning on/off location. Seems that apple assumes that everyone always has location turned, that there is no reason why anyone would want location turned off. All references to location in shortcuts assume that it is turned on.

I have looked at the shortcut instructions. so far it seems that figuring out the instructions will not be any faster than muddling through the app. I did set up a shortcut for a particular app and referencing location, but there didn't seem to be a way to control the location setting. it just told me that there is a shortcut when i opened the app. but didn't do anything.

If it is really possible to set up a shortcut to turn location on/off perhaps someone can tell me how to do that.

Sep 29, 2019 10:14 AM in response to astro46

Hello astro46!  

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’d like to find a quick way to turn Location Services on and off on your iPhone. Control Center is a great place to start, but in looking at Settings > Control Center > Customize, I’m not seeing an option for Location Services. Apple has a great website where you can leave feedback about the Control Center by going to this page: Feedback - iPhone - Apple.

Shortcuts is another great idea! Be sure to check out some of the shortcuts which have been created under “Gallery” in the Shortcut app. Or you can build your own under My Shortcuts. You can learn how to build shortcuts with the information in the Shortcuts User Guide.

Cheers!

Sep 29, 2019 2:27 PM in response to astro46

Hi astro46,

Thank you for the additional information. While working on creating a shortcut in the app, I discovered you can ask Siri "Open Location Services" and it will open right to the screen that you're wanting, so you can turn it on and off.

You can check out this article for more things you can ask Siri to do: Siri - Apple

Give it a try and let us know how it goes!

How to add "location" to control center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.